- You install new locks with this re-keying feature in the locks on your investment property doors. Front, back and interior garage/utility doors, etc.
- Next, you select a new key from one of the locks that you want to use with your next tenant. Label it A or 1A for easy future reference.
- Label or number all your new keys that are different from key 1A and store them for future use.
- Next you are going to follow the simple directions that come with the locks to re-key the locks. The procedures include inserting a smart tool into the lock face along with the current key that opens the lock. Once the lock recognizes the key, you can insert a new key into the lock to change the lock to the new key.
- Repeat the re-keying procedure with each of the locks, drink a glass of cold tea and you are finished. No need for a locksmith for this job. No need to replace or rotate locks out on the doors with each new tenant. Very simple.