- 7,108 homes for sale: Single Family, Condos, Townhouses--Inventory is very low now--even lower than usual
- 3,356 homes under contract: this number is much higher than we would expect for this time of year in a "normal market year"
- 22,258 homes have closed so far this year (18,770 YTD in 2011)
- YTD compared to 2011: 3,488 increase of sold homes YTD over 2011
- We are having a record year in Austin--just as I predicted we would all year long.
Median Sold Home Stats for Single Family Homes:
- Median price across Greater Austin: $207,500
- 90% of homes sold in Greater Austin are Single Family homes
- Almost 1/2 of the homes were sold in Travis County
- About 1/3 of the homes were sold in Williamson County
- Median price as a percentage of asking price: 98%
- Median days on market is very low: 34 days
- Most expensive home sold YTD: $7.75M
- Median SOLD in Travis County: $245,000
- Median SOLD in Williamson County: $182,500
Q: So how fast are houses selling in Greater Austin area?
A: As of today, with more than 2998 homes with pending contracts, here are the rates at which homes are selling during the first 34 days on the market:
- The first day on market: 4.25% of these home
- First 3 days on market: 10.5% of these homes
- First 7 days on market: 20% of these homes
- First 14 days on market: 31% of these homes
- First 38 days on market: half of the available homes are sold