Here are the numbers:
- 6,179 homes for sale: Single Family, Condos, Townhouses--Inventory is very low now--incredibly low
- 3,021 homes under contract: this number is much higher than we would expect for this time of year in a "normal market year"
- 24,069 homes have closed so far this year; this is a banner year compared to any of the recent years in Austin area Real Estate!
- 20,256 sold YTD in 2011
- 19,040 sold YTD in 2010
- 19,935 sold YTD in 2009
- 21,491 sold YTD in 2008
- 2007 was the last year that had sales volume higher than 2012 YTD, just after the peak of the building boom
- We are having a banner year in Austin Real Estate
Median Sold Home Stats for Single Family Homes:
- Median price across Greater Austin: $207k
- 90% of homes sold in Greater Austin are Single Family homes
- More than 1/2 of the homes were sold in Travis County
- Almost 1/3 of the homes were sold in Williamson County
- Median price as a percentage of asking price: 98%
- Median days on market is very low: 34 days
- Most expensive home sold YTD: $7.75M
- Median SOLD in Travis County: $245,000
- Median SOLD in Williamson County: $182,500
Q: So how fast are houses selling in Greater Austin area?
A: As of today, with more than 2,692 SFR homes with pending contracts, here are the rates at which homes are selling during the first 34 days on the market:
- The first day on market: ~3% of these home
- First 3 days on market: ~8% of these homes
- First 7 days on market: ~16% of these homes
- First 14 days on market: ~28% of these homes
- First 40 days on market: half of the available homes are sold
Whether you are Buying or Selling your home--give me a call and we can discuss what is happening in your community or the area where you are looking. I am Tim Thornton, your Austin Area Realtor.