Casting of the numbers:
Homes sold YTD in 2013--including single family, condos and townhouses to Sept. 30, 2013:
- 23,562 homes sold and closed!
- Median sold price: $221,500
- Median price to list price: 99% of list price
- Median days on market: 18 days
- This is a substantial increase in closings over last month YTD number of 19,350
- This is still higher than the highest year during the past decade: 22,998 (2006)
Median Sold price by select cities for Single Family Homes in Sept:
- Austin: $286,000 in 13 days
- Round Rock: $200,000 in 21 days
- Cedar Park: $237,000 in 17 days
- Leander: $182,350 in 24 days
- Lakeway/Bee Caves: $409,625 in 34 days
- Georgetown: $220,000 in 35 days
Current Market Conditions and Inventory Levels:
- 5,893 homes are currently on the market (single family homes)
- 2,875 homes are currently under contract to close
- 8,159 homes closed during the past 3 months
- 2,719 homes per month consumption rate
- Currently we have 2.17 months of available inventory
- It is safe to say that we are in a "Seller's Market"
Would you like to know what is happening in your community? What your home is worth in today's market? Want to start looking for your next home in the Austin area? Let's talk.