90 Day Market Update: Aug, Sept, Oct 2015 - ATX
- Austin is still producing new jobs--daily.
- People are still moving into the area for a variety of jobs, but largely driven by growth in high tech expansion and startups, which in turns generates growth in other areas
- Interest Rates are still at all time lows, making home purchase and investments incredibly affordable to many people (however, there is a very strong indication from the Fed that the mid December Fed announcements will begin to release the 7 year hold on interest rates and we will begin seeing interest rates rise--you can see this starting to happen VERY GRADUALLY already in preparation of the anticipated December announcement).
- Prices are still going up.
- Inventory is still very low.
- Taxes and Rent continue to go up (one is related to the other for landlords).
- There is nothing on the horizon that says that any of this is going to change any time soon (except for interest rates).